Showing gratitude and being thankful are keys to ensuring a healthier and a happier life. In fact, grateful people show more likeliness towards:
- Avoiding problematic and harmful physical symptoms
- Coping with daily challenges and stress in a better manner
- Eating a healthy diet
- Engaging in maintenance and protective health behaviors
- Feeling more optimistic and happier
- Getting regular exercise
- Having improved alertness mentally
- Having a stronger immune system
- Maintaining a brighter future outlook
- Scheduling regular physical examinations by going to the doctor
- Ensuring mental and physical well being
The Importance Of Being Thankful
- Being thankful helps you in remaining in the present moment by ensuring that you are aware of all that you have and taking some time to appreciate these wonderful things.
- Being thankful can help you in changing your mood in an instant by making sure you remove all the negative thoughts and focus on the more positive ones. Positive energy and good feelings can only come about when you begin acknowledging the things that you are thankful for.
- Being thankful helps in generating good vibrations. It is also very well known that the vibrations that result from your thoughts can modify your outlook on life and affect the reality around you.
It is often said that the first few seconds of your thoughts are extremely powerful and will help in attracting whatever you might be thinking of in your life.
Ways Of Being Thankful
You can be thankful in a variety of ways. Here are a few ways that you can focus on:
- You should focus more on the outside as opposed to staying within yourself. This will instill more feelings of gratitude and will help in ensuring that you experience your life in a better manner
- Being mindful of all the things that you have will help instill a feeling of satisfaction within you. Life is not about the amount of things that you own. Rather it is about appreciating the little things such as family, love, and support.
- Make sure that you have a gratitude journal where you can jot down all the things you are thankful for on a regular basis. This will be like a daily exercise, thereby helping you become more optimistic and satisfied.
Showing appreciation allows you to treasure the little things so that you can lead a more satisfied life!
A Selection of Being Thankful Quotes
“Sometimes you just don’t know what’s going to happen, exactly. And that’s because sometimes you just don’t have control over circumstances in your life. The amazing thing is that— it is during these times that we free-fall through the sky! All we have is the breath in our lungs right here and right now and it’s just exhilarating! And it takes humility to accept that we might not have everything we want in our hands at the moment— but that what we do have is good, is worth keeping. Even if something isn’t everything, yet, it can be worth everything, right now! You just have to spread your arms in the air and start gliding!” ~ C. JoyBell C.
“…that’s what I want them to know. Saying thank you, when you really mean it, when you remember what someone done for you” ~ Kathryn Stockett
“If you are reading this, be sure to count this on your blessings list.” ~ Anthony Liccione
Feel free to copy and share this but include the entire article and reference back to this site thanks.