Top 20 Did You Knows that will Leave You Speechless
- Did You Know? A set of twins were born 87 days apart!
- Did You Know? The speed of light is not as fast as we think it is because the lowest ever recorded speed was 38 mph.
- Did You Know? A Sardinian cheese that is known as ‘Casu marzu’ has live maggots in it that have the ability of jumping out while a person is eating it.
- Did You Know? It is said that the loneliest creature in the world in a whale who has a high pitched voice that does not reach to other whales. The whale has been looking for a mate for over two decades but no one ever responds.
- Did You Know? During the Second World War, the British Crew kept a grown reindeer called Pollyanna on their vessel that was a gift by Russians.
- Did You Know? Leopard frogs can swallow their prey with their eyes? Their eyes help them to push he food down the throat, which makes eating easier.
- Did You Know? Buzz Aldrin was the first man to pee on the moon. He urinated shortly after landing on the moon.
- Did You Know? There are certain experiments that found out that the male rhesus macaque monkeys can be paid to look at the bottoms of their female counterparts.
- Did You Know? The title of having the world’s largest beard was held by a man in the 1950’s. He fell to his death after tripping over his beard.
- Did You Know? Japan has the world’s deepest postbox. It is located in Susami Bay and is 10 meters underwater.
- Did You Know? An opera house exists at the USA and Canada border. The audience sits in one country and the stage is in the other country.
- Did You Know? A new species of bacteria were discovered by scientists in 2008. It was found that they live in hairsprays.
- Did You Know? The Romans used to clean their teeth with urine and claimed that it was good for one’s dental hygiene.
- Did You Know? Everyone’s tongue print is as unique as their fingerprints.
- Did You Know? Female kangaroos have three vaginas, two of which are internal.
- Did You Know? If we were to take out all the vessels in our body, they would stretch up to 60,000 miles and would stretch over the world more than twice.
- Did You Know? A glacier in Antarctica spews out red liquid that is a result of oxidized salty water. The glacier is known as ‘Blood Falls’.
- Did You Know? The largest snowfall measured up to a length of 15 inches!
- Did You Know? Giethoorn, a Dutch village has no roads and all the buildings there are connected there by footbridges and canals.
- Did You Know? Melting Glaciers make a fizzy sound that is known as “bergy seltzer”.
A Selection of Speechless Quotes
“Everyone has their own ways of expression. I believe we all have a lot to say, but finding ways to say it is more than half the battle.” ~ Criss Jami, Salomé: In Every Inch In Every Mile
“A choir is made up of many voices, including yours and mine. If one by one all go silent then all that will be left are the soloists.
Don’t let a loud few determine the nature of the sound. It makes for poor harmony and diminishes the song.” ~ Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration
“Sometimes the silence of your friends is worse than your enemy’s words.” ~ Shannon L. Alder
“Why do you look like cheese, Beka?” Nestor asked me quietly. “We’ve got help.”
I was too flummoxed to tell him I hadn’t expected help to come so fast. Miracles aren’t for the likes of me, didn’t Nestor know that? Only the nobility gets them.” ~ Tamora Pierce, Bloodhound
“I would rather my heart be without words than my words be without heart.” ~ LaMar Boschman
“I wasn’t big on family gatherings. Too many intimate strangers. I smiled a lot, but really I never knew what to say.” ~ Benjamin Alire Sáenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
“I imagined I was God for a millisecond
And became speechless for a long time.” ~ Dejan Stojanovic
“I looked at what he built, and to me it explained the stars.” ~ Stephen King, The Drawing of the Three
“Don’t think, or judge. Just listen” ~ Sarah Dessen
“Words flow from love, and speech is likewise confounded by love. It is the sweetest gesture to be without words, and with words, all the same. So too is it with the lighthearted sigh – an outward expression of an abundance of the heart.” ~ Zechariah Barrett
“in the heart’s rain
in the eye’s fog
in the winter’s smoky snow
in whirling snow
wind which wants to tear my coat off
the blood red dawn of the mind
the warm spring between your thighs
the only haven” ~ Nils-Aslak Valkeapää
“Much have we loved you. But speechless was our love, and with veils has it been veiled,
Yet now it cries aloud unto you, and would stand revealed before you.
And ever has it been that love knows not it’s depth until the hour of separation” ~ Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet
“That hate is easy, but sometimes love is easy too.” ~ Hannah Harrington
“I think I’m honored. Or speechless. Maybe something in between there.” ~ Dee Henderson, Before I Wake
“The universe is forever falling apart —
No need to push the button,
It collapses at a finger’s touch:
Why, it barely hangs on the tail of a sparrow’s eye.
The universe is so much eye secretion,
Hordes leap from the tips
Of your nostril hairs. Lift your right hand:
It’s in your palm. There’s room enough
On the sparrow’s eyelash for the whole.
A paltry thing, the universe:
Here is all the strength, here the greatest strength.
You and the sparrow are one
And, should he wish, he can crush you.
The universe trembles before him.” ~ Shinkichi Takahashi
“–and yet, whenever he started with the questions I froze stiff, as if I’d been pushed onstage in a play where I didn’t know the lines.” ~ Donna Tartt, The Goldfinch
“You’re so… You’re too… You’re…” He faltered, then took a deep breath. “I have no words for you, Sita. You leave me speechless.”
I smiled and pinched his buttock so he twitched. “Speechless? Gods, I’ve broken you. I never would have deemed it possible to render you speechless.” ~ Erica Dakin, The Conspiracy
“To me sometimes a mute sky is more expressive than the roaring sea” ~ Munia Khan
“When it comes to giving thanks to God, there isn’t a card, a sentiment, a picture, or a word that can adequately express the gratitude in my heart. What can I say to the One who not only saved my life but who also adopted me into His family? How can I possibly express my thankfulness for His riches? How can I express my gratitude for His friendship and His healing touch? How does one find the words to thank Him for His unconditional love, unmerited favour, and forgiveness? Dictionaries and thesauruses can’t help me. All I can say is ‘Thank you, God’ with the hope that those humble words convey all that is in my heart.” ~ Katherine J. Walden, Dare to Call Him Friend
“I couldn’t think of anything that didn’t sound trivial, so I just nodded.” ~ Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver
“Hate is easy, but love takes courage” ~ Hannah Harrington, Speechless
“my mind struggled top condense all that had led to me being here. My vocal cords fought to express the memories that leaked out; I felt the weight of it all pressing down on me.” ~ Jake Wood, Among You: The Extraordinary True Story of a Soldier Broken By War
“[H]e dreamed things for which he had no words.” ~ Robert Charles Wilson, Axis
Feel free to copy and share this but include the entire article and reference back to this site thanks.