Recipe: Tandoori Lamb Burger
Healthy eating is part of a life well lived. It can make you feel more energised, increase productivity and help maintain a healthy weight. Healthy eating consistently can also have its own rewards as you near retirement, helping you keep active. Best of all, it can all add up to a longer and fulfilling life.
1 large red capsicum, halved and deseeded
Olive oil cooking spray*
2 tbs tandoori paste
1/2 cup low-fat Greek-style yoghurt*
400g lamb loin fillet, trimmed
1 Lebanese cucumber; halved, deseeded and finely chopped
2 tbs chopped fresh mint
4 wholegrain bread rolls*, split and lightly toasted
1 cup mixed salad leaves
- Preheat grill on high. Lightly spray the capsicum with olive oil and place skin-side up on the grill tray. Grill for 8-10 minutes or until skin is charred. Transfer to a plastic bag, seal, and set aside for 5 minutes – this helps lift the skin. Peel the skin from the capsicum and discard. Cut the flesh into strips.
- Meanwhile, combine the tandoori paste and 2 tablespoons of the yoghurt in a ceramic bowl. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes, if time permits.
- Combine the remaining yoghurt, cucumber and mint in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat the barbecue or a large non-stick frying pan on high. Lightly spray with olive oil, add lamb and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thinly slice the lamb.
- Spread a little of the cucumber yoghurt mixture over the base of each toasted roll. Top with salad leaves, capsicum, lamb and a dollop of the remaining cucumber yoghurt mixture. Sandwich together with the roll tops and serve.
Use a small metal teaspoon to scrape the seeds from the cucumber halved.
*Look out for products with the Heart Foundation Tick. All fresh fruit and vegetables automatically qualify for the Tick.
For more deliciously healthier recipes, visit heartfoundation.org.au/recipes Recipe © National Heart Foundation of Australia.
Source:- Inspirations Newsletter