How heavy is this glass of water?
A lecturer when explaining stress management to an audience, Raised a glass of water and asked ‘How heavy is this glass of water?’
Answers called out ranged from 20g to 500g.
The lecturer replied, ‘The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long you try to hold it.
If I hold it for a minute, that’s not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you’ll have to call an ambulance. In each case, it’s the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.’
‘And that’s the way it is with stress management. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, As the burden becomes increasingly heavy, We won’t be able to carry on. ‘
‘As with the glass of water, You have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When we’re refreshed, we can carry on with the burden.’ ‘So, my friend, Put down anything that may be a burden to you right now. Don’t pick it up again until after you’ve rested a while.
Here are some great ways of dealing with the burdens of life:
* Accept that some days you’re the pigeon, And some days you’re the statue.
* Always keep your words soft and sweet, Just in case you have to eat them.
* Drive carefully. It’s not only cars that can be “Recalled” by their maker.
* If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, It was probably worth it.
* Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, Because then you won’t have a leg to stand on.
* Since it’s the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.
* When everything’s coming your way, You’re in the wrong lane.
* Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.
* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.
* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.
* We could learn a lot from crayons… Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colours, but they all have to live in the same box.
*A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
“The greatest discovery of this generation is that a human being can alter their life by altering their attitude.”~ William James