27 Facts that will Leave You Stunned
The world of facts and figures is truly an inspirational one. The world that we live in is much more than what meets the eye.
This blog outlines some of the facts that on the outset appear to be false, but are in reality very true and weird.
Hold on to your horses, you may be in for a factual shock ahead.
- The total number of sand particles on earth is lesser than the total number of stars in the Universe.
- The famed Oxford University is actually older than the Aztec Empire
- Originally, the gaming giant Nintendo was a trading card company
- The surface area of the entire Planet Pluto is smaller than the surface area of Russia.
- The ratio of ants to humans on earth is 1.6 million ants to every human being which includes babies.
- In the last 12 months the number of pictures captured is 10 percent of all the photos captured as yet.
- The name Jessica was first used in the play Merchant of Venice by Shakespeare because he made the name up.
- There are twice as more chances of a human being killed by a vending machine than being bitten by a shark.
- Uninhabitable planets Saturn and Jupiter experience rains similar to the earth, only there diamonds rain down instead of water from the sky.
- The Nursery Rhyme Humpty Dumpty does not mention even once that Humpty Dumpty was an egg.
- The national animal of Scotland is a fictional creature the Unicorn.
- A strawberry is not a berry.
- A banana however is actually considered a berry.
- Octopus has not one but three hearts.
- There is one country that stands between North Korea and Norway.
- The number of fake flamingos in the world is more than the number of real flamingos.
- The single Tik Tok by Ke$ha sold more copies than any single released by the famed Beatles.
- A Giraffe can survive without water longer than a Camel.
- The real name of the famed cloth designer Ralph Lauren is Ralph Lifshitz.
- The current crop of people in Britain are more accustomed to American accent as opposed to the original British accent of English Speaking.
- A human that is at their peak can outrun any animal on planet earth in a marathon.
- The mating between Eagles happen while they are still Airborne.
- If all the DNA in our body was stretched out from one end to another it would cover a distance that would be more than six times of the distance between the Sun and Pluto
- The famed cartoon character Popeye has four nephews that are all identical quadruplets and they are named Pipeye, Poopeye, Peepeye and Pupeye.
- Tickling a woman in Virginia is considered against the law.
- A headless cockroach can live for weeks before eventually dying of starvation.
- The rank Algorithm by Google is not named after Web Pages it is named after Larry Page.
These are some of the interesting facts that will have left you stunned.
A Selection of Facts Quotes
“I’ve been making a list of the things they don’t teach you at school. They don’t teach you how to love somebody. They don’t teach you how to be famous. They don’t teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don’t teach you how to walk away from someone you don’t love any longer. They don’t teach you how to know what’s going on in someone else’s mind. They don’t teach you what to say to someone who’s dying. They don’t teach you anything worth knowing.” ~ Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones
“There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.” ~ Arthur Conan Doyle, The Boscombe Valley Mystery
“It is the absence of facts that frightens people: the gap you open, into which they pour their fears, fantasies, desires.” ~ Hilary Mantel, Wolf Hall
“If the facts don’t fit the theory, change the facts.” ~ Albert Einstein
“Facts are like cows. If you look them in the face long enough, they generally run away.” ~ Dorothy L. Sayers
Feel free to copy and share this but include the entire article and reference back to this site thanks.