The essence of living is the hope for better days ahead as no human being can proudly say “I have arrived”. As long as we are in this human form, we have a lot of unmet desires and expectations. Here are some expressions of hope:
- Hope is holding on to promised expectation. The tenacity that does not give up easily at the present moment of failure is hope. The fact that someone has promised that he/she is going to do something is a promise that should be held on to if the promise seems delay.
- Hope is harnessing opportunity to produce expectation. This calls for dual responsibility between God and man. Believers believe in God’s promises by working out their salvation. If God has promised fruitfulness to the barren, they are expected to perform their conjugal role for conception to take place.
- Hope is happiness over promise expectation. A fulfilled expectation should create happiness in us and not sadness. If we are sad and unhappy, then, hope is lost and the promise a mess that does not need fulfilment.
- Hope is having a feeling of optimism. The fact that something has not happen but there is a feeling that it will happen is a sense of optimism. Any feeling of pessimism is hopeless and devastating. We should always keep hope alive and think, talk, look and walk with this feeling that tomorrow will be better than today.
- Hope is nurturing a dream that is yet to be fulfilled. Immediately the dream is abandoned, then hope is dead but, as long as that dream is nurtured and preserved irrespective of the situation, it is hope.
- Hope is consistent confidence that a goal will be achieved at a specific time. This implies that hope is time bound which is future. The present may seem very hard and tough but the consistent confidence of a goal to be realised in the nearest future is hope.
- Hope is faith which spells forsaking all I trust him (God). Christians are encouraged to demonstrate faith in difficult times. This is made possible by abandoning all difficulties and present events to focus only on God.
- Hope is expected desire that time and tide cannot wear away. Irrespective of the situation, the expected desire comes strong, handy and unshaken by the happenings around. It’s just like the popular saying that “many water cannot quench love”.
- While expecting a beautiful future tomorrow, make the best use of today. Many people pursue their dreams at the detriment of their present life. Hope could mean sacrificing the present pains to get future gains but not at the expense of your life.
- Hope is enduring the present insults to enjoy future bliss. The Christians are sometimes ridiculed by others for their uncompromising lifestyle that makes them suffer some inconveniences for the sake of heaven. This is hope. It is essential to suffer for something that has higher rating and value than to enjoy for a while and suffer later. There is wisdom in hope.
- Hope is anticipated ambition on future prospect. As much as we are encouraged to live one day at a time, it is good to look ahead and see a future prospect being achieved. Hope, therefore, is anticipation, ambition and prospect.
A Selection of Hope Quotes
“Hope is a waking dream.” ― Aristotle
Feel free to copy and share this but include the entire article and reference back to this site thanks.