10 Secrets about God You Can Learn From TV
God is supreme and many people have tried to understand him through his word, the Bible. Despite this a lot of people still find difficult to comprehend some concepts because of the awesomeness of God which some have called mysterious. No man can fully understand God except those he wishes to reveal himself to. Whatever we are able to learn of God, they are revealed to his servants who in turn try to use human words to capture what they understand. The truth about God will be revealed at the end of time to those who are able to see him. Even Moses in the Bible did not fully comprehend his majesty. The following are some secrets about God that we can learn from TV.
- God has power to do all things including the creation of man. He created man out of dust to make him a living being. He also made a woman available for the man in procreation. He is concerned about our seemingly insignificant needs.
- We are created in the image of God. This implies we are like him in human forms. This is a rare privilege given to human species of all the creatures of the earth. We are singled out to be like our creator.
- No one has ever seen God and lived. There has not been any record of him being seen by any man on earth. We learn that the closest person to him, Moses did not see his face but his back side.
- He is interested in multiplication and fruitfulness. He told Adam to multiply and replenish the earth. This implies that any time a child is brought to this world God is happy.
- He is creative and also wants his creatures to be creative. He is happy when we are able to create things that will be of benefit to mankind.
- God knows everything including the future we may not understand. He led the children of Israel through a longer route to their destination because he knew they could turn back half way. He also cares about us and wants to lead us in our journey on earth.
- God is omnipresent. He is everywhere. That is why the world is gradually becoming a global village because he is charge of everything. As he is in Asia, so is he in Africa, America and all over the world.
- He hates sin. We learn that sin is repulsive to God because he is holy. He sent his angels to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah in ancient time because of sin. When Jesus died on the cross bearing the sin of the world, he turned away.
- He has a son called Jesus who he allowed to come to the world to die for our sins and to redeem us back to him. We learn that it was his love for the world that made to release his only son.
- We learn that God is a consuming fire.
A Selection of God Quotes
“Trust in His timing. Rely on His promises. Wait for His answers. Believe in His miracles. Rejoice in His goodness. Relax in His presence.” ~ Unknown
“Man is born broken. He lives by mending. The grace of God is glue.” ~ EUGENE O’NEILL, The Great God Brown
“God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform;
He plants his footsteps in the sea,
And rides upon the storm.’ ~ WILLIAM COWPER, Olney Hymns
“Looking at beauty in the world, is the first step of purifying the mind.” ~ Amit Ray
Feel free to copy and share this but include the entire article and reference back to this site thanks.