Life is synonymous with problems and no matter how hard we try; we cannot run from it. She comes in different forms and degrees to different people. As varied as problems are, so are there different methods of solving them. The following are 10 Quick Tips about Problem Solving.
- There is no new problem. People often feel that there is no way out of their problems because of the uniqueness of their challenge. The truth is, there is nothing you are going through now that has not happened before. Yours might either be slightly higher or less than what someone has experienced.
- Take the problem as it is. The greatest relief you can get from any problem is to take the problem as it is. While you are not resigning to fate, your acceptance of the problem with a positive outlook will give the strength to find solution to it instead of feeding it.
- Research into similar problems. One unique thing about problem solving is to look around you for people that have had similar problems and how they were able to go around it. No one on this planet earth is immune against problems. A little research about similar problem will guide you on the solution needed.
- Seek counsel from experts. Some people are endowed with wisdom than us. We need such people for guidance when we are on a cross road. No one is an Island. Interact with others who have had similar problems and ask for the step they took to overcome.
- No need for shame. Most people are afraid to share their problems with others because they are ashamed of being discussed. It is better to share a problem with others for prompt solution because harbouring a problem because of shame might aggravate it.
- Share with mature people. One unique thing about problem solving is discovering a mature mind. Some people are narrow-minded while others have broad minds. Share your problems with those that are mature enough to handle it and not to every Tom, Dick and Harry.
- The secret of problem solving is the confidence people have in you. If you cannot be trusted with little things, then you can’t handle any problem.
- Positive attitude. The mind walks like magic which can easily be up and down depending on your attitude. If you are the optimistic type, no matter how depressing the situation, you will overcome and march on as if nothing has ever happened. A positive attitude is a problem solving
- Hidden lessons in the problem. We are very quick to conclude that problems are insurmountable. Every problem is a blessing in disguise which has some hidden lessons.
- Invest in time wisely. Don’t waste your precious time ruminating over a problem for too long. Problem solving entails spending more time looking for solutions instead of being useless to yourself by unnecessary worry and complaint. Worry weakens the body!
A Selection of Problem Solving Quotes
“I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail.” ~ Abraham Maslow, Toward a Psychology of Being
“If I had an hour to solve a problem I’d spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.” ~ Albert Einstein
“We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them” ~ Albert Einstein
“If you choose to not deal with an issue,
then you give up your right of control over the issue
and it will select the path of least resistance.” ~ Susan Del Gatto
Feel free to copy and share this but include the entire article and reference back to this site thanks.