10 Quick Tips about Happiness
Happiness is a state of the mind that determines our reaction to external things and the people around us. A happy person will be comfortable with any unpleasant situation without showing much irritation unlike an unhappy person who can flare up at the slightest provocation. The following are the tips about happiness.
- Money does not give happiness. Most people assume that their present state of sadness and unhappiness will disappear with more money and wealth but, the reverse has been the case. She is a state of the mind that cannot be pacified with physical things.
- Marriage does not give happiness. Most singles that are lonely and sad always come to the conclusion that their unhappiness will disappear with marriage which experience has proven wrong. The truth is, if you are unhappy as single being married will not solve the problem as marriage also comes with its own challenges.
- Positive attitude. Have positive attitude and outlook to life. Success, popularity, power and all that people are chasing today to give them happiness are all wrong. You can have success and all other things in life and still be unhappy. The only thing that can give you happiness is having a positive attitude to life.
- Make others happy. It is a natural law of nature that “you reap what you sow”. Try to sow happiness in the life of others and you will be glad and happy as you see those people happy.
- Associate with the right people. Don’t hang around those that make you sad and unhappy. Cut off friends that make you feel worthless and unimportant. Stay around those that believe in you and would like to help you go to the next level.
- Talk less about yourself and focus on others.
- Be creative. Learn some basic practical skills that can make you proud of yourself. Try to learn sewing, painting, drawing, fixing of gadgets. There are things you will do that will make you proud of yourself. Discover your hidden potentials and put them to action.
- Make good use of every opportunity. If you want to be happy then, you must be ready to learn and learn again. When you have the opportunity to travel to a new location, seize the opportunity to learn something new. If you have the privilege of interacting with anyone that is skilful in one craft or the other seize the opportunity to learn.
- Be childlike. Children are teachable and amenable. Be open to correction without fighting back or justifying your mistakes. Many people are unhappy because they have been abandoned by friends and family members as a result of not taking to correction and advice.
- Be principled. If you want to be happy and remain in happiness you have to be a woman/man of principle. A principled person is not afraid to say no as she/he does not seek to please people. Be a good listener. Be focused and organised.
A Selection of Happy Quotes
“True happiness is… to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future.” ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
“Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.” ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
“Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
“Achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and that happiness, not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of your moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of your loyalty to the achievement of your values.” ~ Ayn Rand
Feel free to copy and share this but include the entire article and reference back to this site thanks.