10 Quick Tips about beliefs
Belief is the sum of your views and perspective in life. This is fundamental to your decision taking and choices. She is the condition or the mental act that shapes our mindset, conclusion, credence suspicion and opinion on any matter. Here are some basic tips on beliefs:
- A belief can be born out of weakness. This is why weaknesses should be converted to strengths as fast as it is noticed before it becomes parts of our lives. Most people have the negative notion that they cannot do certain things just because they are weak in that area, they generalise and she becomes part of them.
- Beliefs can be learnt. When babies are born, they are plain and innocent. Whatever they are taught, they believe and with time, they become associated with such beliefs that it becomes very difficult to part with.
- Religion has the power to affect our beliefs. Our attitude to things in general can be formed by the type of religion we practise. Each religion has its dos and don’ts which invariably influence our mindset and relationship with others.
- Television and movies we watch can form our beliefs. A child who consistently watches horror films may think life is cruel and everyone is terrible. He/she might grow up with harsh behaviours and disposition. There is power in what we watch.
- The books we read also can make us form some beliefs. Just as television and movies have the power to influence our judgement, so is the book we read. Grownups who read romantic novels come to conclusion that marriage is all roses without thorns. This is the reason for high divorce rate in marriages today because our grownups have it all wrong bringing fiction to reality.
- Beliefs can be changed. No matter your present belief, you can change provided you are ready to learn. As humans, we are daily influenced by many things which are capable of changing our worldviews.
- Schools can serve as agent of belief. As we interact with different types of people and share our knowledge, we can transfer our beliefs to one another and this is applicable in schools where different teachers with diverse opinions to life situations teach and impart knowledge to kids and adults alike.
- Your belief has the power to make or mar you. There are different types of beliefs which we display in our day to day interaction with people around us. While some are good, some are bad.
- The progress of a country is determined by the overall belief of the citizenry and the government. Where there is belief for achievement, research and advancement, such a nation will develop faster than other areas that do not believe in such.
- Measure your belief by your achievement. Your achievement and success in life is directly proportionate to your beliefs. Be your own coach and see how your beliefs have helped you so far.
If there is no remarkable progress, you might need to change your beliefs to more productive ones.
A Selection of Belief Quotes
“Sometimes we fight who we are, struggling against ourselves and our natures. But we must learn to accept who we are and appreciate who we become. We must love ourselves for what and who we are, and believe in our talents.” ~ Harley King
“I’m not a believer in predetermined fates, being rewarded for one’s efforts. I’m not a believer in karma. The reason why I try to be a good person is because I think it’s the right thing to do. If I commit fewer bad acts there will be fewer bad acts, maybe other people will join in committing fewer bad acts, and in time there will be fewer and fewer of them.” ~ Daniel Handler
“I didn’t need to understand the hypostatic unity of the Trinity; I just needed to turn my life over to whoever came up with redwood trees.” ~ Anne Lamott, Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith
“What the mind can conceive and believe, and the heart desire, you can achieve.” ― Norman Vincent Peale
Feel free to copy and share this but include the entire article and reference back to this site thanks.