There is no one created without feelings. We all crave for acceptance and recognition from friends and colleagues. There is a common saying that charity begins at home which implies that we start learning and displaying love from our family members as we relate and share with each other. The principles of of psychology revolve round emotion, power, will and consciousness. These psychology principles can be employed to improve our relationship thus:
- The principle of reciprocity. This principle makes us reciprocate love to those who loves us. Our actions and reactions to our friends and love one will make them respond and want to do good deeds to us.
- The principle of commitment. This makes us want to follow through with our promise. This also implies that once we have vowed to love someone like a spouse, we must be consistent and committed to that promise.
- The principle of social proof explains how majority wins the vote. We unconsciously do what is generally obtainable in our environment. Growing up in a lovely family implies being lovely and vice versa.
- The principle of liking. This explains why we naturally relate likeness to love because we cannot love or show affection to those we hate or dislike.
- The principle of authority. Women, generally, want to choose men that display confidence which is replica of authority. It explains why ladies will fall for men who carry themselves with an aura of importance. An expression of authority in whichever form, can trigger an automatic response from the observer.
- The principle of scarcity this explains the fact that people have higher demand for something that is scarce especially when it is valuable and indispensable. This explains why lovers or couples who live apart as a result of job or other reasons love each other more than those who are always together. Scarcity deepens love. Therefore, try to stay away from your love to deepen your love for each other.
- Recency illusion. This principle explains that your impression about someone may be negative until after an interaction and contact exchange. Then, you begin to discover the good qualities in that person which you didn’t take note of before.
- Verbatim effect. This psychology principle explains the fact that people can only remember a general concept instead of full details. When discussing with your crush for the first time, be brief in your details as not all the details will be remembered.
- The power of imagination. Human beings are very creative through imagination. We can form things that are not real in life as though they are real through our thoughts. What we consistently think about usually materialize. So, we can use our imagination to create a strong tie we feel estranged from.
- The power of Attraction. Attraction helps two different people of different backgrounds to come together as friends or as a couple. It is very difficult to relate with people that we are not attracted to. Attraction can help us in the choice of life partner.
“When you do what you fear most, then you can do anything.”
~ Stephen Richards
“A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.” ~ Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
“To dream by night is to escape your life. To dream by day is to make it happen.” ~ Stephen Richards
Feel free to copy and share this but include the entire article and reference back to this site thanks.