There are many lessons that are better learnt from experience and such is faith. The theoretical aspect of faith cannot be substantiated with enough facts and figures. Faith is more of an experiential thing than theory. The following are the fundamentals of faith that are not taught in schools:
- The foundation of faith is salvation from sin. Many people go to church but have never realized they can be free from sin by having faith in the death of Jesus on the cross to redeem mankind from sin and bondage. Being saved is the basis of our faith in Christ.
- Our faith is built up by studying the Bible. There is a limit we can grow in spiritual things without the Bible. The records and testimonies in the Bible help to build up our faith and increase our confidence in God.
- Prayer is essential for growing in faith. It is a spiritual exercise that involves talking to God and seeking his assistance. If we don’t have faith, we can pray because it is faith that brings and produces answers to our prayers.
- The Holy Spirit helps the believers in many Christian activities and service thus serving as one of the fundamentals of faith. Fruitful evangelism is brought about through the assistance of the Holy Spirit as no human effort can convert or save a soul. Believers are also led and comforted to further strengthen their faith.
- Another fundamental of faith is evangelism. This art of soul winning and having spiritual children to nurture and bring up in the knowledge of Christ is paramount to faith. Many believers wouldn’t have been saved if they had not been preached to.
- Jesus Christ. The person of Jesus is fundamental to all Christian faith and doctrine because He is faith personified. He left his heavenly throne of glory to die for man. He is the central thing in faith because without Jesus, there will be no faith.
- Fellowship is one of the fundamentals of faith because when Jesus was on earth, he was always in the Synagogue to share the scriptures. Today, believers meet at specific periods and days of the week to share the scriptures and lift up one another’s faith.
- The miracles of Jesus. While Jesus was on earth, he performed some miracles that were notable and challenging. These have formed the bedrock of Christian services today as people are seen to perform and experience miracles.
- The resurrection of Christ. The power that raised Jesus from death is believed to be potent to set free from any problem and human challenges. This is also believed to help believers in preparing for life after death as the dead are going to be raised from their graves at the coming of coming.
- Believers are daily encouraged to prepare for eternity in heaven where they will be free from all pains and sorrows. Despite the fact that they had not been there, they believed what Jesus has said which has been attested to by some few privileged persons.
A Selection of Bible Verses Quotes
- Sometimes we’ll look at “disasters” in our lives and think God abandon us, but little do you know…God is setting you up for a major blessing! Don’t look at where you are…look at where you’re heading!
- God has given you the strength, resources and means to accomplish just what He’s told you to do. The only thing you have to do is be obedient and leave the when, where and how’s to Him.
- In our OWN strength we are LIMITED….But in God’s strength the limitations are removed and the impossible is made possible!
- Sometimes the situations you’re faced with will make you want to give up. However, what God brings you to…He will bring you through.
- Surrendering your burdens to God oftentimes is NOT easy…However, it’s something that we need to exercise more of. You’re NOT built to carry burdens…cast them upon the Lord.
- When you feel inadequate you just speak, “Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.” 1 John 4:4
- You don’t need to have the know how when you walk with the one that knows how. Consult with Jesus, He’ll show you the way!
- Dream the impossible dream and believe God to make it possible.
- To Go where you have not gone…you must do what you have not done. -Marvin Sapp
- Even though the situation you’re in may seem hard remember that God is faithful. He will make a way out of no way. He will make provisions. He will open a door for you! Hold strong! Keep the faith! Victory is yours!
- Faith will have you looking ridiculous. It will have you doing seemingly weird things that are illogical. Faith will have you facing what seems to be thee impossible. It will test just how well your professions line up with your beliefs. It will put you in situations that may be less desirable. However, through it all. It’s what’s required to please the Lord.
- It’s not enough to just WANT to go to heaven…It’s important to do the WILL of my Father who art in Heaven.
- “We fall down, but we get up. For a saint is just a sinner who fell down and got up.” ~ Donnie McClurkin.
- “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” ~ Dr. Farrah Gray
Source of bible verses praise2god.com
Feel free to copy and share this but include the entire article and reference back to this site thanks.