10 Compelling Reasons Why You Need Jesus
The Christians are very fond of the name “Jesus” because it is associated with many good things such as healing, miracles, deliverance, provision, protection and many more. Testimonies from many Christians have really proven that there is power in that name. Jesus was born by a Virgin Mary. His conception was divine and that makes him unique among all men born of a woman. As controversial as the name seems among non-believers, there are many reasons why people need this Supreme Being.
- Fulfilment of the Scriptures. Everything about Jesus’ birth; ministry, death and resurrection that were prophesied in the Bible were all fulfilled. Everything said about him in that Holy book was fulfilled.
- Bible and contemporary testimonies. The disciples of Jesus testified that he was the son of God. In our contemporary time, a lot of Christians at different locations have seen Jesus in visions and their testimonies are the same. The biblical account of many years is similar to what people are seeing today.
- He saves from bad habits. Many people have testified to how he had given them power over sin which they have struggle with for many years. Bad habits and lifestyles that have been difficult to part with despite several resolutions were taken away by believing in Jesus.
- The name heals. At the mention of the name of Jesus sicknesses that have differed medical solutions are completely healed. Even medical practitioners have this slogan that “we care but Jesus heals”.
- He died and rose again. The Bible has the account that he died and rose up the third day. This means he has power over death. No religious founder has ever died and woken up like Jesus.
~ Jesus Christ
- He is compassionate. There are instances in the bible where Jesus told his disciples to rest. He also had compassion on the multitude and fed them.
- He walked on water. Jesus could walk on water which is symbolic of any human problem. He can make you walk on all your life’s problems.
- He fed the multitude. Out of two fishes and five loaves of bread, he fed thousands of people. Since he is the same yesterday, today and forever, Jesus can feed you by providing for your daily needs.
- He feels what we feel. We all need someone that will look into our eyes and say “I understand what you are going through”. Jesus is the only person that understands us perfectly. We desperately want to be loved and appreciated and he is the only one that can do it.
- Everything Jesus said as prophecies in the Bible are being fulfilled before our very eyes. He is the only one that can give a promise and fulfil such unlike many of our unfaithful friends.
There are no words that can be used to quantify the power of Jesus. You need him because he is a friend indeed. He has power to control every negative situation you may be going through now and later. Jesus: the key to all life’s happiness and success.
Most Often Quoted Quotes from the Bible
One of the greatest, and most often quoted, verses in the Bible is actually a quote from Jesus.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Jesus Said that He Is
The Water of Life
John 4:13, 14 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
The Good Shepherd
John 10:10, 11 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
Eternal Life for His Sheep
John 10:27-30 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one.
The Way, The Truth and The Life
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Jesus Invites All to Follow Him
Seek the Kingdom of God First
Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Ask, Seek, Find
Matthew 7:7,8 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Jesus and the Children
Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
Gain the Whole World
Mark 8:34-37 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
He Calls Sinners
Luke 5:31, 32 And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
On What His Followers Should Do
Be a Light in the World
Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Love Your Enemies
Matthew 5:43-44 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Do Unto Others
Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
The Greatest Commandment: Love God and Your Neighbour
Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Be a Servant to Others
Mark 10:45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
Most Often Quoted Quotes from the Bible from The Holy Bible, King James Version
Feel free to copy and share this but include the entire article and reference back to this site thanks.