10 Compelling Reasons Why You Need Friendship
Friendship is a strong emotional tie or relationship that binds people of different family background, tribe or race together. She is a relationship that accommodates both joy and strife. She is full of ups and downs as parties involve could either mar or make the relationship depending on their maturity and state of mind. A long lasting friendship is usually a situation where parties involve have things in common and are ready to forego any inconveniences for the sake of others. The following are the reasons we need friendship:
- Social beings. We are created to interact with others and not to be alone. There is always this urge in us to relate with others. As social beings as we are created to be, we need friendship.
- Stable marriage. A person that has practiced true friendship is more likely to have stable marriage than someone who has never been in a similar relationship. The challenges faced and overcome at friendship level will definitely be experienced in marriage and it will be a plus for that individual to overcome.
- She’s a good foundation. We start making buddies from childhood. We sometimes relive those memories we had with childhood buddies. The success of this type of friendship relationships will serve as the foundation on which other relationship will be built even to marriage level.
- Leadership training. Friendship could be between two or more people in that case, one member will be looked upon for every decision. That person automatically becomes the leader of the group even where other members within that friendship circle collectively take one decision or the other. This way, she serves as a leadership training ground.
- Great fulfilment. With the feeling of friendship comes unexplained satisfaction. Grown up often forget home when they are with their buddies. Adults who have great buddies at work tend to perform better than those without anyone.
- Problem solving. With friendship comes the chance to live a free, healthy and happy life. When we are faced with challenges, who do we go to? Our buddies of course! That is why people with meaningful friendship tend to live longer because a problem shared is half solved.
- Good advice. Often times, we find ourselves in a crossroad not that we are not capable of taking decisions but the human frailty of being confused. This is where friendship comes in as they will proffer solution by giving solid advice thereby lightening our burdens.
- True friendship is committed to you no matter the situation. Even if family members abandon you, your buddies will be there to weather the storm with you.
- Organized and well focused. Friendship is the only means by which we can organize our thoughts and execute our plans as a result of good advice from our friends.
- Great achievement. The relationship of friendship is very important as she makes us achieve a great deal within a short time. As individuals within the friendship unit share their goals and plans, those without goals are awakened and geared up to be successful, directly or indirectly.
The importance of friendship is so many that we cannot exhaust the list here.
Here are a few quotes about friendship.
“Friendship… is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” ~ Muhammad Ali
“Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” ~ Albert Camus
“Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: “What! You too? I thought that no one but myself .. .” ~ C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves
“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”
~ Elbert Hubbard
“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
~ Mark Twain
Feel free to copy and share this but include the entire article and reference back to this site thanks.