10 Compelling Reasons Why You Need Character
Character is synonymous with moral strength and integrity. She is that way of life that makes relating with people easy. She is the quality of behavior exhibited by an individual that differentiates him or her from the other people around. She is the only virtue that cannot be stolen from a person. We shall consider the reasons why character is so important and indispensable.
- Character makes she possible for people to believe in you no matter the situation because you are known to stand on what you have said. They have a special trust in you that cannot be shared with others. By lying or breaking a promise, you hurt other people and in return, you lose their respect.
- Character is a virtue that is needed for great achievement by individuals, family and as a nation. Since everyone desires success, she is therefore imperative to have a very good character. She is this virtue that will help a student or a worker to have good reputation of not cheating in order to pass and be ahead of others. Since you want to be known and respected, this virtue will drive you to read hard and be different. The result will be great success from hard work.
- Meaningful relationship. A good character is like light that shines in darkness and attract people to she. Anyone that has good character is termed responsible and people want to associate with him or her. No one will like to associate with a thief.
- Beautiful and attractive. There are many beautiful ladies out there who are looking for husbands without success. This is because they have bad characters. A good, young girl with this quality does not look for husband because many people will be interested in marrying her. Even if a girl is physically ugly and she has this virtue, she will have many suitors trying to win her love for marriage.
- One of the qualities that will make people to recommend you for leadership position is good character. How many parents will recommend their aggro, wayward and stubborn grown up for any public position? They will be afraid that he/she will bring shame to them.
- Earned respect. A person that possesses a good character will be well respected by all. She is a quality that not only attract people to you but also earn you respect.
- Self- esteem. A person that has good character will become an honourable person that will increase higher self esteem.
- Good reputation. A person with good character will be known by all as a good person.
- Popularity and fame. Some people wonder why they are not noticeable and recognised among others. If you want to be singled out, you need to demonstrate good character.
- A person that has good character will experience a lot of opportunities. A student with good character will end up among important people.
If you have been careless about your character, there is still a great opportunity to develop it to an enviable one.
“Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.”
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
“The best index to a person’s character is how he treats people who can’t do him any good, and how he treats people who can’t fight back.”
~ Abigail Van Buren
Feel free to copy and share this but include the entire article and reference back to this site thanks.