10 Secrets about Gratitude You Can Learn From TV
Gratitude is the feeling of thankfulness. She is a sense of appreciation that produces a feeling of excitement and ecstasy about a favour received or shown by others. Gratitude is synonymous with thankfulness, appreciation and gratefulness. Just as the TV is important in imparting new ideas to us, she also teaches us how to be grateful. The following are some of the secrets and lessons we can learn about gratitude from TV:
- Gratitude goes with happiness. It is very difficult to show a feeling of gratitude and appreciation in a sad and unhappy mood. Happiness and gratitude goes together.
- Positive response from others. People that receive our appreciation usually feel elated and in return are very grateful too. When you show others gratitude, indirectly, the person is taught to be grateful. It makes the receiver of appreciation happy.
- Can be learnt. The fact that parents can teach their children how to be grateful implies that she can be learnt because teaching and learning goes together. Parents are therefore challenged to teach their grownups how to show gratitude.
- Givers never lack. Those that show gratitude are disposed to receiving more attention and blessing from the receiver of the gratitude. We learn from TV programmes this secret that those who show appreciation are always receiving more from those they show it to.
- Humility is a companion of gratitude. It is difficult to see proud people showing gratitude to others this is because they lack humility.
- Gratitude is commonly shown with a smile. It is often seen on TV that smile accompanies the feeling of gratitude. It is very difficult to tell someone you are grateful for a favour shown with a frown.
- There is something to be grateful for. TV programmes has shown us that when we feel life is hopeless and unfair, that there is nothing to be grateful for, there are many things to be thankful to God for. Just like a song writer that says “count your blessings name them one by one and you’ll see what God has done”
- Keep a diary. In order to remember to reciprocate and show gratitude, TV has shown that you need to keep a diary otherwise, it will escape your mind and even if you had the mind of showing appreciation the busy and tight schedules can make us forget totally. It is therefore imperative to keep a diary of people you intend showing gratitude to.
- It takes selflessness. Those that show gratitude are usually the selfless type as their language reflect and focus on others more than themselves. A selfish person cannot show appreciation.
- Gratitude is a general phenomenon. This virtue cuts across race, tribe, religion, culture, colour and nationality. She is a worldwide phenomenon that is practised globally. People from every corner of the world give and receive appreciation.
Gratitude makes us happy. It also makes the people we give it to happy. She is therefore, one secret of happiness that mankind is yet to delve into.
A Selection Gratitude Quotes
“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”
~ Marcel Proust
“Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.”
~ Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life
At all times, Dare to BE (say THANKYOU)!”
~ Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
Feel free to copy and share this but include the entire article and reference back to this site thanks.
Tags: 10 Secrets about Gratitude You Can Learn From TV, 10. Secrets. about. Gratitude. You. Learn. TV, Buddhism, compassion, dare-to-be, Gratitude, Happiness, Inspirational, Joy, life, Mind, mindfulness, motivational, Personal life, Positive mental attitude, Positive psychology, seize-the-day, Selfishness, Smile, success, Teacher, zen